BRCTV-11 Sports News Internship
Employers in the communications field need more than words on paper! We need a tangible product to evaluate a potential employee's ability. Blue Ridge 11 provides experience by implementing the concepts students learn in college. Our "on-the-job" experience is not offered by many other companies! Although our students are not paid, the knowledge and experience they acquire is priceless!
Sports News Interns have the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to become Videographers, Technical Directors, Graphics Coordinators, Producers and Directors. They will receive first hand experience working multi-camera live sports productions including High School sports, Minor League Baseball, USA Field Hockey and College Football.
We offer both credit and non-credit internships at our main studio in Ephrata, Pennsylvania. Ideal candidates will have the desire to work in live multi-camera production, truck shoots and/or sports filed production. Internships are awarded to the strongest candidates after an interview process. Please plan ahead and apply early!
- Summer: May-August (Interviews begin in March)
- Fall: September-December (Interviews begin in June)
- Spring: January – April (Interviews begin in October)
*Additional notes about our internships...
- All internships are unpaid
- No intern will work in any on-air capacity
- We accept credit and non-credit interns
- All interviews are conducted at our Studio at 814 Academy Heights Ave, Ephrata, PA 17522. (all interns also work out of this location)
- Internships hours are variable weekdays only – Noon to 10:00PM depending on our sports schedule (interns may work as little as two or as many as 5 days a week depending on college requirements and availability)
- Selected interns are required to successfully complete a background check and drug testing prior to beginning any internship with Blue Ridge 11
- In addition to completing our application, please attach a copy of your resume and include any links to related work if you have them
- Broadcast Journalism or equivalent Communications Major
- Writing Skills
- Video Editing Skills
- Production Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Videography Skills
- Camera Operation Skills
- Operations Technology