BRCTV-13 Creative News Internships
Creative News Interns have the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to become a News Reporter, Anchor, Producer, Copywriter, or Field Producer. Interns become working members of the "BRC13" News team.
- Accompanying reporter on assignments
- Taking part and bringing ideas to daily news meetings
- Beat calls
- Researching stories
- Writing stories
- Accompanying videographer and conducting interviews in the field
- Running teleprompter or studio camera for live newscasts
- Organizing graphics for the newscast
- Editing video
Employers in the communications field need more than words on paper! We need a tangible product to evaluate a potential employee's ability. BRC13 provides experience by implementing the concepts students learn in college. Our "on the job" experience is not offered by many other companies! Although our students are not paid, the knowledge and experience they acquire is priceless!
BRC13 offers a limited number of unpaid internships to students who have completed at least one year of college. We offer both credit and non-credit internships at our main studio in Lehighton, Pennsylvania. Internships are awarded to the strongest candidates after an interview process. Please plan ahead and apply early!
- Summer: May-August (Interviews begin in March)
- Fall: September-December (Interviews begin in June)
- Spring: January-April (Interviews begin in October)
Additional notes about our internships...
- All internships at BRC13 are unpaid.
- No intern will work in any on-air capacity
- We accept credit and non-credit interns
- There are two steps to apply (see below)
- All interviews are conducted at our Studio at 936 Elm Street, Lehighton PA 18235. (all interns also work out of this location)
- Internships hours are weekdays only – a shift is 9:30am-6pm (interns may work as little as two or as many as 5 days a week depending on college requirements and availability)
- Interns are required to successfully complete a background check and drug testing prior to beginning any internship with BRC13
- Must have completed at least one year of college
- Broadcast Journalism or equivalent communications majors preferred
- Writing Skills
- Video Editing Skills
- Production Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Videography Skills
- Camera Operation Skills
- Operations Technology
There are TWO steps to apply:
- Fill out an online application at www.pencor.com along with Word or PDF attachment of resume
- Send a letter of request specifying your choice of internship (creative or technical), copy of resume and demo reel (if avaialable) to
Attn: Marie Johns
936 Elm Street
Lehighton, PA 18235