BRCTV-13 Technical News Internship
Technical News Interns have the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to become a Videographer, Technical Director, Graphics Coordinator and Tapes Coordinator. Interns become working members of the "BRC13" News team.
- Accompanying videographer on assignments
- Taking part and bringing ideas to daily news meetings
- Shooting video
- Running teleprompter or studio camera for live newscasts
- Editing video
- Developing shoulder boxes and graphics for newscast
- Editing bumpers and or teases for newscasts
- Learning to Direct
Employers in the communications field need more than words on paper! We need a tangible product to evaluate a potential employee's ability. BRC13 provides experience by implementing the concepts students learn in college.Our "on the job" experience is not offered by many other companies! Although our students are not paid, the knowledge and experience they acquire is priceless!
BRC13 offers a limited number of unpaid internships to students who have completed at least one year of college. We offer both credit and non-credit internships at our main studio in Lehighton, Pennsylvania. Internships are awarded to the strongest candidates after an interview process. Please plan ahead and apply early!
- Summer: May-August (Interviews begin in March)
- Fall: September-December (Interviews begin in June)
- Spring: January – April (Interviews begin in October)
Additional notes about our internships...
- All internships at BRC13 are unpaid.
- No intern will work in any on-air capacity
- We accept credit and non-credit interns
- There are two steps to apply (see below)
- All interviews are conducted at our Studio at 936 Elm Street, Lehighton PA 18235. (all interns also work out of this location)
- Internships hours are weekdays only – a shift is 9:30am-6pm (interns may work as little as two or as many as 5 days a week depending on college requirements and availability)
- Interns are required to successfully complete a background check and drug testing prior to beginning any internship with BRC13
- Must have completed at least one year of college
- Broadcast Journalism or equivalent communications majors preferred
- Writing Skills
- Video Editing Skills
- Production Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Videography Skills
- Camera Operation Skills
- Operations Technology
There are TWO steps to apply:
- Fill out an online application at https://www.pencor.com and attach your resume Word or PDF form
- Send a letter of request with your choice of internship (Creative or Technical), resume and demo reel (if available) to:
Attn : Marie Johns
936 Elm Street
Lehighton, PA 18235