Cable Technician (Stroudsburg West)
Cable technicians are involved in the construction and installation of our various cable based services to customers. They install, maintain, test, repair and/or replace cable television transmission and distribution systems and associated hardware, including equipment in homes and commercial buildings.
Along with analog and digital cable TV signals, High-Speed Internet connections and Digital telephone via coax cable will also be part of the job. Other physical labor will be required from time to time, such as loading and unloading equipment, and general maintenance in and around the local office. Ideal candidates should strive to learn and adapt to new and emerging technologies and be willing to work outside in all weather conditions, any time of the day or night.
*Must be available for normal 40-hour workweek plus call-outs that may occur at any time of day or night (365 days a year) for emergency purposes.
**The successful candidate will be required to acquire and maintain membership in the Union and shall take up and maintain residency within a twenty (20) mile radius of the local office area or within the county in which the office is located within one hundred twenty (120) days.
***Full-Time employees receive:
- Company paid Medical, Denta, Vision and Prescription plan
- Company matched 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advancement Opportunities
- Associates degree in related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Strong background in personal computers and Microsoft Windows
- Strong background in electronics
- Knowledge of building structures
- Knowledge of commercial phone Systems
- Valid PA Driver's License and good driving record in order to operate company vehicle
- Customer Relations Skills
- Computer Skills
- Communication Skills - oral and written
- Organization and time management Skills
- Ability to splice hard line cable, passives, and electronics
- Ability to pull trunk and feeder into open trenches
- Ability to climb and work aloft on poles, ladders, or other support structures
- Ability to work effectively individually (without immediate supervision present), and function as a team player to complete larger projects
- Ability to perform tasks and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ability to work well with hand tools
- Ability to lift and carry up to 68 pounds