I.T. Services Sales Engineer
PenTeleData,a leader in data transport, Internet, networking technologies, security and consultation services throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey is experiencing significant growth and is seeking a Sales Engineer for the I.T. Services department.
The I.T. Services Department is the customer facing professional services group of PenTeleData. ITS provides Networking, on premise and Cloud computing related support services, and installation/support for PenTeleData Business Voice and POTS phone product to SMB and enterprise customers.
This position will focus primarily in the areas of structured cabling and related services to support Telecom and Data network installations. Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a progressive career background consisting of hands-on experience coupled with industry training.
ITS Sales Engineer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing pre-sale walkthroughs and site surveys at customer premise for voice and data services
- Providing pre-sales support; primarily participating in sales calls to assist in the technical aspects of the sale and ensuring that the customer’s technical requirements are met
- Assisting in quote preparation and interfacing with other departments on requirements
- Performing basic project management from quote through implementation of basic networking and POTS installations
- Associates Degree and/or a combination of related industry experience and certifications
- 5+ years progressive career path to include hands-on experience with the installation of structured cabling for data and Telecom systems
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record in order to operate company vehicles
- Experience with standard networking equipment such as routers and switches
- Experience utilizing SFDC for leads and quotes
- Proven experience with Data and Telecom network installations
- Experience with POTS and VOIP phone services and requirements
- Hands-on experience with physical installation of structured cabling systems
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, Viso and standard Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of standard building construction and electrical codes
- General knowledge of the full range of products and capabilities typically found in an SMB environment
- Understanding of Wi-Fi technologies
- Excellent Communications Skills – Oral and Written
- Proven Organizational and Time management Skills
- Ability to provide professional customer service at all times