Sales Engineering (Voice Services)
As a Sales Engineer with PenTeleData, you will be the pre and post sales technical side for our commercial voice customers. You will interact daily with customers as their technical lead in configurations and service implementation as well as interfacing with the PenTeleData Sales team. You will interact with a range of Cisco products and services to provide the solutions our customers are looking for.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 – 4 years of experience in Telecommunication Services
The technical, or “hard skills” we need run the gamut from:
- Strong working knowledge of both IP and Digital PBX systems
- Deep understanding of network design both in layer 2 and layer 3 environments
- An understanding of static routing and dynamic routing protocols (BGP)
- Having a working knowledge of Visio and building network maps
The non-technical, or “soft skills” we’re looking for include, but are definitely not limited to:
- Hi-level project management
- You will be acting as project manager for customer turn-ups and changes
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Being a Genuinely Awesome Person!
- Strong/consistent Communications Skills- both oral and written
- A love and drive for what we do!
- Outstanding Troubleshooting Skills – which means thinking logically through problems
- Ability to follow procedures and processes but still remain flexible for those one off cases
These are skills that you’ve likely obtained throughout your time in IT and therefore “nice to have” but definitely not required. So don’t worry if you don’t meet all these!
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA product line and configuration of VPNs
- An understanding of the Cisco ISR and Meraki product line
- Network security experience from designing to implementing policies
- Familiarity with HFC networks and their general operation
- Ability to present to groups of people
- CCNA or CCDA or other network related certifications