Technical Support Representative (Part-Time)
TSRs are the first point of contact for customers to receive technical assistance. Must be able to answer questions and/ or resolve various computer problems through troubleshooting methods relative to dial-up, DSL, and cable services. Must also be able to provide support to users with a variety of operating systems, route calls and trouble tickets to other departments, make courtesy calls and maintain detailed records of conversations, problems, transactions and/or all remedial actions taken. May also need to perform special projects as assigned by the department manager.
*Prior experience dealing with the public and in troubleshooting technical problems is preferred.
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience with most Windows operating systems
- Networking Skills recommended
- Experience with Macintosh products recommended
- Prior experience troubleshooting technical problems recommended
- Prior experience dealing with the public recommended
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft products
- Basic understanding of Internet related software
- Typing / Data Entry Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication Skills - oral and written
- Excellent Customer Service and Phone Skills
- Excellent Problem Solving / Troubleshooting Skills
- Ability to interact with customers daily
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change and the changing needs of the company