General Assignment Reporter (Part-Time)
A General Assignment Reporter is needed to cover everything from community news to local government, as well as take in-depth looks at trends and features in the local area. The main focus of this position is to cover the Tamaqua, PA area.
The ideal candidate must be a hard-working, energetic, self-starter with plenty of story ideas ranging from light, fun features to serious pieces about how taxpayer money is spent. Will not consider any story to be too big or too small and be enthusiastic about sharing the news with readers both in print and online.
*Please provide URLs or copies of written work for review!!
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism or Communications with a concentration in writing
- Photography and Videography Skills a plus
- Proficiency in social media forums such as Facebook and Twitter
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Possess a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work nights and Sundays